There is a very special place for Lord Ganesha in Hindu mythology. He is worshipped as the lord of prosperity, wisdom and eternal knowledge. He is also believed to be the remover of obstacles from the path of life. According to the Puranas, Lord Ganesha’s name must be taken at the beginning of every prayer and auspicious occasion. If he is not worshipped at the beginning of any prayer or good venture, it is said that Lord Ganesha will place obstacles in the path. So he is also named Vighaneshwara (the remover of obstacles).
The Ganesha Yantra is a sacred device usually made of copper that is said to infuse the strength, power and thinking of Ganesha in ones-self to achieve all goals and desires. These Yantras are energy devices or conductors of cosmic energy and are powerful tools that help to strike a perfect balance in life. According to the Puranas, these Yantras will help attain great levels of prosperity, inner peace, luck, success, fulfilment and good health.
Ideally the Yantra should be placed in the pooja (prayer) room in homes or in cash box in shops and business ventures to gain maximum benefits.
Mantra for Ganesha Yantra:
Om Gan Ganpathaye Namah!
Speciality of Ganesh Yantra:
The main purpose of a Ganesh Yantra is for siddhi (prosperity), wisdom, success in all ventures and eternal intelligence. Lord Ganesha is known to remove all obstacles from the path of life and this Yantra is said to heighten the positive effects that Ganpati (another name for Ganesha) has bestowed. It is the best way to seek Ganesha’s blessings in all ventures and remove all evil from the path that leads us to greatest heights of success and prosperity.
Who does it help:
- People who want to achieve their goals and desires smoothly
- People who desire prosperity in business ventures
- Students who want to do well in their exams
- Couples who want a trouble free married life
How to use it:
The main thing to be kept in mind when you are using the Yantra is to have a clear soul. To do this one must let go of all evil and negative thoughts within. It is only then will one see the positive effects of the Yantra.
- Find a clean place in your house where you think you would be the least disturbed.
- Place the Yantra in the North – East corner facing West on a clean altar near a Ganesha idol.
- Do not let anyone else touch the Yantra.
- You can light a candle, a diya or an incense stick in front of the Yantra. You can also offer fresh flowers and fruits as an offering.
- Take water with the help of any leaf and sprinkle it on the Yantra and yourself.
- Place dots of sandalwood paste on the four corners as well as the centre of the Yantra.
- Chant the mantra given above: Om Gan Ganpathaye Namah!
- Close your eyes and concentrate all your energy on Lord Ganesha to seek his blessings for success and prosperity.
After successfully establishing the Yantra, one should pray every day in the morning and evening to seek aashirwaad (blessings) of Lord Ganesha. While praying think about the positivity and goodness revolving around you so that it becomes a routine for you. Keeping ill feelings, hatred and jealously away is the best way to gain maximum benefits out of the Yantra.
Om Gan Ganpathaye Namah!