Tag Archives: Stotra
Stotra or Stuti are the verses that devotees sing to please Gods and Goddesses. They may be in two lines or can extend to many paragraphs. Stotra mainly are in Sanskrit Language but can be in the local language or Hindi too. One of the Ganesh Stotras that devotees sing in order to please Lord Ganesha is as follows:
Om Pranamya Sirasa devam Gauri Puthram Vinayakam
Bhaktavasam Smarennithyam Ayuh Kamartha Siddaye ! (1)
- I pray to the Vinayak, who is the son of Gauri bowing my head down. The one who resides in the hearts of his followers. He is the one whom everyone remembers. He is the one who gives the boon of longevity and the remover of obstacles.
Prathamam Vakrathundam cha Ekadantham Dvithiyakam
Thrithiyam Krishna Pingaaksham Gajavakthram Chathurthakam (2)
- First name is Vakratunda; whose proboscis is twirled. Second name is Ekdant; deity with one tooth. Third is Krishna Pingaaksham; one who has red colored eyes. The fourth name is Gajah Vakthram; the one who is like an elephant.
Lambodaram Panchamam cha Shashtam Vikatameva cha
Saptamam Vighna Rajam cha Dhoomravarnam thathashtakam (3)
- The fifth name is Lambodar; one with a potbelly. Sixth name is Vikatmeva; the one and only who removes all our problems. Seventh name is Vighna Rajam; the one who removes all the obstacles from the paths of his devotees. Eighth name is Dhoomravarnam; one who is of smoke-hued color.
Navamam Bhala Chandram cha Dasamam thu Vinayakam
Ekadasam Ganapathim Dwadasam thu Gajananam !! (4)
- Ninth name of Lord Ganesha is Bhala Chandra; who has a crescent moon on his crown. The tenth name is Vinaykam; the one who is endowed with all features of a leader. Eleventh name is Ganapathi; the one who is the leader of all ganas (follower of Shiva). Twelfth name is Gajanan; the one who has the head of an elephant.
Dwadasaithani Namaani Thri Sandhyam Yah Pathennarah
Na cha Vighna Bhayam thasya Sarva Siddhi karim Prabho! (5)
- The devotee who praises Lord Ganesha by reciting these twelve names of him twice a day will never face any problems in his entire life. No fear can frighten him and he will experience every good thing in his life. Lord Ganesha will bestow him with Siddhi (opulence).
Vidyarthi Labhate Vidyam Dhanarthi Labhate Dhanam
Puthrarthi Labhate Putraam Mokshaarthi Labhate Gatim (6)
- Students will get the benefits in studies, poor will be benefitted with money and wealth, people who are longing for a child will be bestowed with children and those want moksha (peace) will get the peace of the soul.
Japeth Ganapthi Stotram Shadbhirmaasai Phalam Labheth,
Samvatsarena Siddhim cha Labhate Naathra Samsayaha ! (7)
- If anyone wants to see the fruitful results of this shloka (prayer), then one should recite this shloka continuously for ten months and can experience the results. He will be bestowed with every kind of opulence, prosperity, wisdom and knowledge.
Ashtabhyo Brahmanebhyash cha Likhitwa yah Samarpayeth
Thasya Vidya bhavetsarva Ganeshasya Prasadathaha !! (8)
- Eight priests of ultimate intelligence have written this stotra and have dedicated it to Lord Ganesha. The one who recites this shloka with concentration and devotion will be benefited with the prasaadam (deity’s blessing) of knowledge.
Ithi Sri Narada Purane Sankashta Nashana Ganapathi Sthothram Sampoornam.
- This stotra can be found in the Naarada Puran (holy Hindu scripture). Narada Purana claims the stotra to be the one who finishes off all the sankat (problems and worries) of one’s life. Ganesha’s stotra which wards off all evils from one’s lives is completed.
Shree Ganeshay Namah!